Japanese Telecounseling Association ("JTA") handles the personal information we collect as follows. Please familiarize yourself with the contents. If you do not agree with the contents or have any questions regarding them, please contact the personal information complaints and inquiries center.
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
(1) Except where permitted by laws and regulations, JTA will use personal information within the scope of the following purposes of use.
1) To provide and run services such as education, publishing, training and overseas study.
2) For customer management, in order to smoothly operate services such as education, publishing, training and overseas study, and for contacting our customers and members.
3) To ensure that entrusted work is carried out appropriately, in cases where work has been entrusted to JTA.
4) To use as statistical data for analysis in order to improve our handling of various inquiries and the quality of our services (including use in marketing activities, in a form that does not identify your personally).
5) For information on the continuation of services such as education, publishing, training and overseas study.
6) To introduce products, services and various campaigns (including email notifications).
7) To run various questionnaire surveys for the purpose of product development and the improvement of services.
8) To resolve issues relating to services such as education, publishing, training and overseas study.
9) To carry out other work incidental or related to the above.
(2) You provide us with your personal information at your discretion. However, please understand that if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, you may not be able to conclude a contract with us or use our services.
2. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
(1) Except in the cases of provision to JTA Group companies or affiliated companies, or where permitted by laws and regulations, JTA will not share your personal information with any third party without your consent.
Purpose of Provision: As described in 1 above
Items of personal information: Name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.
Means of provision: Paper, electronic data
Scope of provision: JTA Group companies or affiliated companies (which have concluded an agreement regarding the handling of personal information)
(2) In the case of applications by a corporation (group) for a course, with the customer’s application for the online educational training course (including “Online English Conversation”) it shall be deemed that the customer has agreed to the customer’s personal information required by JTA for the taking and the running of the course (name, course name, attendance status, completion status) being disclosed to the person responsible for the corporation’s (or group’s) application or being handled by or transferred between jointly-participating online education groups.
3. Entrustment of Personal Information
In order to achieve the above purposes of use, JTA may entrust your personal information to subcontractors with which we have concluded an agreement regarding personal information. The entrustment is carried out to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use that has been clearly explained to you.
4. Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
(1) Your Rights with Respect to Personal Information
If we receive a request from you for notification of the purpose of use of your personal information, or for its disclosure, correction, supplementation, deletion, cessation of use or erasure (hereinafter referred to collectively as "disclosure, etc.".), we will accommodate it in good faith, in accordance with laws and regulations. However, please be aware that there may be cases where disclosure, etc., is not possible due to laws and regulations.
(2) Customer Service Center
For complaints or inquiries regarding personal information or requests for disclosure, etc., of personal information, please contact us at the inquiries center below.
[Personal Information Complaints and Inquiries Center]
Contact: JTA Customer Center [Monday to Friday 09:00–18:00 / Saturdays 09:00–17:00 (closed on Sundays and public holidays)]
Address: Risona Kudan Building 5F, 1-5-6 Kudan-minami, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan 102-0074
TEL: 03-6380-8799 FAX: 03-6380-8799
Personal Information Protection Manager: JTA, Director of Human Resources and Administration
For complaints or inquiries regarding personal information or details on disclosure procedures for personal information, we will assist you at our customer service center. Note that such procedures will require documentation with which we can confirm your identity or the identity of your proxy.
5. Cookies (only when published on the web)
In order to deliver appropriate advertisements to our users, JTA makes use of the behavioral targeting advertising (*) services provided by various third-party companies. In such cases, the cookies are stored and managed on the servers of the third-party companies and not on JTA's servers. If you wish to disable such advertisements, please confirm the procedures for opting out on the websites of the third-party companies. After you have opted out, the advertisements will no longer be served to you; however, if you change your browser, delete the cookies or change to a new PC, you will need to opt out once again.
Behavioral targeting advertising: List of advertisers used by JTA (please check here)
* Behavioral targeting advertising is a means of advertising that delivers ads tailored to the interests of users based on information on their website browsing habits.
List of companies delivering behavioral targeting advertising
At JTA we make use of behavioral targeting advertising services provided by the following companies. If you wish to disable the services, please access the opt-out pages of each the company and follow the instructions.
Company name Website
Google Inc. (Network advertising)
Yahoo! JAPAN Corporation
Last revised: February 26, 2017